Online Account Opening FAQs
What is online account opening?
We love seeing you but we know you’re busy. It’s not always possible for you to get to one of our locations during business hours, so we are bringing the branch to you. Here are the types of accounts we offer online:
All accounts will require electronic document delivery (eStatements, if applicable), and will function just as an account that is opened at a Resource Bank location.
How do you apply for an account online?
Access the online portal to apply for an account or check the status of your account application here.
Please note that filling out the application does not open the account, nor does it guarantee that the account will be opened. Resource Bank will still have to review and approve the application in order for the account to be opened.
Who is eligible to apply for accounts online?
All Louisiana residents and some residents of Mississippi (Hancock and Pearl River Counties only) are eligible to apply for all of out accounts online. Health Savings Account applications are accepted for all residents within the continental United States. You must also be a United States Citizen to apply for an account online.
How long does the application take to complete?
Our online application is an easy 3 step process.
1. Enter account holder information and documentation.
2. Send funds for your opening deposit.
3. Review agreements and verify your identity.
If there is no activity for 10 minutes during the application process, the page will time out and your progress will be lost. This is a security feature so that your information is kept confidential. We recommend you gather all information needed before beginning your application.
After the initial application we will contact you to complete the account set up, account funding, document collection, and online banking access.
What information do I need to open an account online with Resource Bank?
For each applicant, you will need the following information handy to securely upload:
1. Legal Name, Date of Birth, Social Security Number and Email
2. Two forms of identification
3. To fund your new account, you will need a U.S. checking/savings account or a credit/debit card. (We require a minimum opening deposit. See product disclosures for specific amounts.)
How do I give you copies of my ID? What is accepted?
To complete your application, we require 2 forms of identification. You make take a photo with your mobile device or you may attached a color scanned copy (.pdf, .jpg, and .doc file types accepted). Send ID copies securely either during initial application upload, via a secure document upload link sent during application review, or using the upload feature in the Check Status Portal.
Please submit one Primary and one Secondary ID.
Examples of Primary Identification
Examples of Secondary Identification
How do I make deposits into my online account?
During the application process you have the ability to make your opening deposit in the following ways:
1. Credit/Debit Card (maximum of $500.00)
2. Transfer funds from a checking/savings account at another financial institution (maximum of $1,000.00)
3. Mail in a Check (must be received within 10 business days of submitting your application)
4. Transfer funds from another Resource Bank account (maximum of $1,000; for existing clients only)
After your account has been funded and fully approved, you can make deposits at any branch, at select ATM locations and by mobile app.
Is it secure?
Absolutely. Security was a top priority when developing this convenience. The application uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure your information is passed to us securely. This technology allows users to establish sessions with internet sites that are secure. If there is no activity for 10 minutes during the application process, the page will time out and your progress will be lost. This is a security feature so your information is not stored within the application portal ensuring there is minimal risk of external violation. We recommend you gather all information needed before beginning your application so your session does not time out.
How do I obtain a debit card?
You can request a debit card during the initial application process for applicable account types. Once your account has been approved, we will request that you digitally sign our debit card application. Upon credit approval, your card will be mailed to you within 7-10 business days.
I’m a current RB account holder. Will I still work closely with my banking officer/branch staff?
We love to hear that you have built a strong relationship with Resource staff. Your current banking officer will be notified about your new account and you will still have the same points of contact that you do now. Additionally, if you use our online and mobile banking services, your new account will automatically be added to your current user id.
Are there any fees for opening an account online?
There are no additional costs to opening an account online. In fact, our Health Savings Account set-up fee is waived when using an online application.
I entered my application, what’s next?
There are no additional costs to opening an account online. In fact, our Health Savings Account set-up fee is waived when using an online application.Thank you for applying with Resource Bank. We’ve worked hard to make the process as seamless as possible, but we take security seriously, so we’ve built in some verification procedures into account creation.
1. Once you submit an application, you should immediately get an email verifying we securely received your information. Make sure to check your junk folder, we don’t want you to miss vital communications. You will also gain access to a Check Status Portal where you can securely message us or upload documentation needed to complete your application.
2. Online account applications are processed Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, with the exception of Federal and Bank holidays. Our staff will review your information, verify your eligibility and identity, and begin creating your account. We will collect electronic signatures on final documentation and initiate funding for your opening deposit.
3. After all processing is complete, you will receive instructions to access your account via our online banking portal. You must log in to online banking to securely obtain your account number.
What if I have more questions?
No problem. If we haven’t addressed something here, please contact us at 985-801-1888 and ask to speak with an Online Account Processing Officer.